Monday, April 12, 2010

Thanks

I wanted to say thanks to everybody who stopped by the site recently to check out my 8-Bit Bikini piece, but I also wanted to express my excitement that artist Katie Rice left a comment with kind words about the piece, which absolutely made my day.

I first got turned on to Katie's work through Ren & Stimpy and I've followed her blog for quite some time now. I'd be lying if I said her amazing art didn't influence my more cartoony pin-up stuff.

Here is Katie's own take on Samus that was published in the book I am 8 Bit:



Please check out her blog here!


1 comment:

Randall Nichols said...

Things like this are one of the coolest/best justifications for online blogging. Having someone who's work you respect, or were inspired by, and actually connecting to them makes that pang of guilt we feel whenever we think we're just soapboxing on the internet go away.

Congratulations, man. Very cool.