Thursday, June 6, 2013

Gallery 1988 Show: Itchy and Scratchy Land


First off, I need to say thank you, thank you, thank you to everybody who stopped by the opening of my show at Gallery 1988 last week. It was an amazing time and I consider this show to be one of the highest points in my artistic career so far. I've admired Gallery 1988 and the artists that show there since I first became aware of them in college, and to have my own show there is a dream come true. I also need to thank the Gallery as well, as they are some of the best folks I've ever worked with.

Now, onto the work from the show! The first piece I'm posting is Itchy ans Scratchy Land, where I made an old Disney-style map based on the theme park from the classic Simpsons episode. I watched the episode numerous times and took tons of notes and screen captures in order to make the piece as accurate to the show as possible. I find the design of the Disney park maps fascinating, and this seemed like a good excuse for me to draw one of my own. Please click on the image for a closer look!

My show is up through June 22, so if you are in the LA area please stop by Gallery 1988 East! You can purchase prints of all the pieces at the Gallery's online store.


5 comments:

IAN! said...

I loved all the pieces in the show but especially this one! Really amazing stuff. SO happy for you, it's such an honor to have a solo show at G88. Wish I could've been there as I'm sure it was a blast.

Unknown said...

Awesome! This is a really great interpretation of the Simpsons style through a retro filter.

Mona said...

I just got my print of this in the mail. As a big Simpsons and Disney World nerd, I'm so excited!! Recipe-related bumper cars FTW.

recycleorburn said...

This is my favorite! But how can I get a copy now that I have discovered it months after the show? Will you do a reprint? :(

Glen said...

Unfortunately I don't have any plans to do any reprints right now, but thanks for the kind words!