Thursday, June 13, 2013

Gallery 1988 Show: Codex


This piece is based on the character Codex from Felicia Day's web series The Guild. My girlfriend introduced me to the show, and she also deserves credit for giving me the idea for this piece when I was coming up with new stuff to include in my gallery show.

I know Codex doesn't usually carry a sword, and I knew going in that including the incorrect weapon might get me in hot water with fans, but I really thought it would be cool to emphasize the battle aspect of the MMORPG video games the series pays homage to; just to depict the character in bit of a different way. (If you look closely, I included her usual staff as an engraving on the sword as nod to the fact that, yes, the sword was on purpose, haha)

Also, there's this:


Felicia Day loved it and is framing one to hang in her office! This is just about the biggest compliment for this piece I could ever imagine, and an amazing thrill. A big thanks goes out to Felicia and her assistant Annie!

My show is up through June 22, so if you are in the LA area please stop by Gallery 1988 East! You can purchase prints of all the pieces at the Gallery's online store.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I love your work and Felicia Day is great.

Tlong said...

Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us.บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

Pump said...

I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work.สล็อตxo

Pump said...

Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.เว็บสล็อตเว็บตรง

Pump said...

Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles .เว็บ ตรง