Monday, March 7, 2011

Strange Kid Meets Ernie



Here's my comic for the Strange Kids Club Anthology, a book that will feature art and comics by a slew of amazing artists, all based around the Strange Kids Club's blue-haired mascot. The club is actually a blog that celebrates geeky nostalgia, so you should check it out here.

The Strange Kid character has a great and memorable design, so I thought it was a perfect idea to have artists generate content for him and flesh him out. It's been a long while since I've done any comic work but this was a lot of fun, and I dare say that I may have actually gotten faster at it due to the strict-deadline schedule I've been operating under for a couple years now.

I thought that my character Ernie from the Black Lagoon, who I've featured in comics before, would be a perfect fit to interact with Strange Kid, so I based this short comic around their meeting.


No comments: