Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas Drawings Part 3



This drawing was for my friend Justin, who has his own art blog that you can check out here. Justin and I both love Mario Bros and Hellboy, so this was an especially fun piece to do. The thought of Hellboy needing to don the famous frog suit to join Abe underwater seemed very funny to me. I also thought it would be cool to infuse a Blooper (the squid enemy from Mario games) with Mike Mignola's style by giving him those trademark octopus tentacles that Mignola loves to draw. I would certainly read this comic and/or play this game.


2 comments:

Justin said...

I would certainly read this comic and/or play this game as well, sir.

Strange Kid said...

Mixing the styles in the squid was a nice touch. I also like the white glove on Hellboy's frog suit. :)