Monday, August 16, 2010

3G Show poster



I was asked to design a poster for the upcoming 3G show at Gallery 1988, which is a tribute to the movies Ghostbusters, Goonies, and Gremlins. My actual pieces for the show didn't lend themselves very well to being reused as a poster, so I decided to create a separate design. I wanted it to be cool (of course,) but I also needed it to be simple so that I could finish it quickly and move on to creating more artwork for the show. This idea evolved from wanting to have three similar items themed after the movies, to toys, then finger puppets, and finally to these paper doll...things. I tried to find the official name for them when I was creating this and came up with nothing.

At any rate, the show is shaping up to be huge. This is the first collaboration between The Autumn Society and Gallery 1988 which is very exciting. Both of these places have given me amazing opportunities, so the fact that they are partnering up is pretty darn cool.


1 comment:

Keith said...

Love your poster. Just beautiful, and witty, and the colours are superb.

Love it.