Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fanservice



This is the second piece I hinted at for the 90's show. The idea for this as my next pin-up was already in my head, and then I realized that it actually fit the show's theme which gave me an excuse to do it. Basically these are all fanservice characters from the 90's: Cammy from Streetfighter, Fairchild from Gen13, and Poison Ivy from Batman: The Animated Series. The reason I chose these three is because they also all wear the same thing, a green jumpsuit that shows off their hindquarters. I was going to draw attention to that by making the drawing monochrome except for the green, but I liked the colors too much. So I decided to make it into an ad, lest viewers get distracted and not pick up on the theme...

Oh and if you don't know what fanservice means, you probably have a good guess by now.

Also a quick update, the 1up.com article that featured my artwork has now been updated with a credit line and a link to my site. I received an email from them this morning. That's usually what happens when I open my mouth to complain, it turns out the people are really nice and helpful and were probably just busy, hah.


1 comment:

Randall Nichols said...

Man. Three of my favorite 90s characters, all in on single piece of cheesecake. You've really outdone yourself with this one.