Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fan Art by Ashley




Some of you may be familiar with this type of bead art, most of the time I've seen it used to recreate sprites from video games. Basically different colored beads are arranged on a peg board to form an image, and then a hot iron is used to melt the plastic slightly and fuse them together into a permanent shape.

Ashley Locher found my Octorawk drawing on Reddit (apparently it got some exposure this way but with no links back to me or Splitreason) and was finally able to track me down and share this strikingly complex bead art version of my drawing that she made. It currently has a home rocking out on her wall!


4 comments:

pookynyc said...

Actually, your website was linked to in the comments. Just thought you should know.

ashleyl0413 said...

Yeah, when I first saw the image I never saw the link posted and never thought anything of it. I saw people making it into wallpapers and used it as my own. After having it for a week I decided it would be fun to bead and had to try to find the source again. I should have explained it better in the email I sent him.

pookynyc said...

The post should of had the website linked to directly though. Regardless, still a great piece and a wonderful bead art.

ashleyl0413 said...

Thanks! I really appreciate the compliments. I agree that they should have just linked to the blog but I found it either way. I hate the idea of using someone's art without permission so I will just celebrate that I found him.