Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tink



Merry Christmas eve eve! The piece above was bit of a rush-job that I managed to squeeze into my busy holiday art schedule, and I'm glad I did. It was for an art contest judged by one of my favorite artists, J. Scott Campbell. The subject of the contest was "sexy fairytale character,"which is also the theme of Campbell's pinup calendars he's put out for the last two years. I had trouble coming up with a character that hasn't been done to death, so I settled on Tinkerbell when I decided that her small size and ability to fly would offer up some unique possibilities to create a fun image. I didn't win the contest, but there were a ton of entries to compete against and the winning drawing totally deserved it. Plus I'm really happy with the final piece, and I think it's something I would never have done if not for the contest.


No comments: