Monday, December 13, 2010

I have Returned! And, another Front Magazine post.

Hello there! It's been a while, and I'm sorry for that. I've been busy with plenty of projects but most of them I can't yet post for various reasons, including Funnyordie.com having exclusive press rights to a show I'm involved in, and the fact that I'll be giving away some art as Christmas presents.

I've also been fortunate enough to have some down time which I used for a vacation to New York and various other video game related activities.

That being said, I have still been building a nice little backlog of posts. I may just have to lump some of them together and declare this "hot chick week," which will be nice for those of you who are into that sort of thing.

For starters, here's a Front magazine, now a couple issues old, that features the "sexy student stereotypes" piece I was commissioned to do:


I even made the spine of this one! (The little goth girl head)


And they reused my drawing of Jonah Hex from the "scars" illustration that I did for a previous issue:


This is kinda funny to me because Jonah was originally featured in a drawing with several more characters where he was much smaller, and it just so happens that he was the character I chose to hide my initials in. I do that in most of my work for Front because the pieces don't always have backgrounds, or the characters may be shifted around on the backgrounds for layout purposes, so if I signed the drawing in the corner it would likely get erased away. So now there's a giant "GB" on this full-page Jonah's belt buckle.


1 comment:

Steven Breeden said...

Funnyordie.com? Isnt that Will farrells comedy site? You gonna be in the next Land OF the Lost movie?? :D