Monday, March 3, 2014

I Heart Girls.com

I'm extremely excited that I can start showing off this very cool project I've been working on! I collaborated with I Heart Girls.com on an a series of images that combine girls and video games...okay, nothing new if you've checked out my work before, except this time the girls are real live models!

This is probably one of the most fun projects I've ever worked on. Cherie Roberts, who runs I Heart Girls, approached me about being the latest in her series of artist collaborations. Our artistic paths had indirectly crossed before, as she photographed models wearing my shirt designs for the 2010 IGN gamer girl gift guide.

The project basically involved Cherie photographing models so that I could draw in different video game elements and characters around them. From the beginning, Cherie wanted the theme of the work to be all about my interests and was extremely accommodating. One of the coolest parts of the whole process was that I was able to come up with the idea of each scene beforehand. This means that I did a thumbnail sketch and Cherie photographed the model in that pose. It was so cool to just jot something down and have it result in a professionally shot photo of a gorgeous model.


Right now you can check out the feature about the work over on I Heart Girls.com. There you can see some small versions of the images, and I'll be posting each of them here as the week goes on (as will I Heart Girls.)

So check back this week for posts about each of the images with more info!



No comments: