Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Gallery 1988 Show: Player Two


As a kid I often found myself playing video games as player 2, usually either because the other kid was older or because I was (and am) pretty shy and non-assertive. Because of that I still to this day have a fondness for Luigi, the ultimate second player character. One of my favorites of the newer Mario games is Super Mario 3D Land, where they bring back the famous Tanooki suit power-up. If you play as Luigi in that game, however, the suit is not the familiar raccoon but rather a fox instead. For whatever reason I thought this was just about the coolest thing ever; I think because I'm such a Nintendo nerd and I'm fascinated by the design of Mario games. So here is my tribute to player two which comes to you in 2013, Nintendo's official Year of Luigi.

I should note that my show has closed now, and boy did that month go fast. But you can still buy prints from it at the Gallery1988 online store!




No comments: