Monday, June 21, 2010

FestivALL weekend



This weekend was a ton of fun. It was so nice to be able to take a break and see the end result of so many things I've worked hard on for the past month or so. The photo above is me being interviewed at the Buswater art show. The segment is going to air next Friday, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to bring myself to watch it. I'd much rather remember it as my friend Carrie has captured it here in her photo; me looking somewhat professional and viewers unable to hear all the goofy stuff I said, hah.



This was most of my stuff from the Buswater show. The print of my Billy Bob drawing got a lot of attention, five different people tried to buy it while I was there. Lesson for next time: bring a stack of prints!



Here is my letter being pulled in the art parade, which was a lot of fun to watch. I was told that Beeper himself might pull my letter which made me ecstatic, but he ended up having to stay with the WSAZ car. Oh well. I am still grateful to the young lady here that they forced to lug this hunk of wood down the road!



Here are all the letters on display together at the Capitol Market as several musicians performed.



This is the final version of the brick I designed. It's transferred, glazed, and ready to be installed in Washington Street with all the other artist's bricks. Hopefully they last hundreds of years! Photo by Mark Wolfe.



Here is the original drawing of my brick design being auctioned off in the sweltering heat on Saturday evening. Ted, the fabulous auctioneer, told us to "deal with it" if he started to melt, as drag queens and 94 degrees don't mix.

I sincerely want to thank everybody who thought of me and asked me to participate in these events, everybody who worked behind the scenes for the benefit of artists and the community, and all my friends who came out to see everything.


No comments: