Tuesday, June 8, 2010

90's show



Chogrin wrote to tell me that the 90's show went really well. This was the Autumn Society's first of three summer shows at Brave New Worlds comics in Philadelphia.




I stole these photos from the gallery on Brave New World's official Facebook page, so you can check out more if you'd like. There were a lot of great pieces in this show, some of them had me saying "Why didn't I think to reference that?!" such as Pete and Pete and Beavis and Butthead. It's harder than you'd think to come up with stuff from the 90's, because your head instantly wants to say "early childhood" but that's not really correct (if you're my age, anyway.) I did two pieces for this show but I wish I would've had time to do more; it took the show actually hanging on a wall for me to realize just how amazingly huge this theme could be.


No comments: