Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Robotnik



Here's my piece for the Sonic Generations art show! Which, as I'm sure you can guess, is an exhibition that pays tribute to the beloved Sonic the Hedgehog video game series. It'll be opening at Brave New Worlds in Philadelphia next month.

Dr. Robotnik was the first character that came to my mind because it bugs me how in later years his name has been changed to Dr. Eggman. I'm not sure if it's one of those deals like in Mario games where Princess Toadstool's name was changed to Peach because that's what it was always intended to be (It was changed by Nintendo of America when the first Mario game was brought over from Japan) but I still like Robotnik better. Not that this piece does anything to make that distinction, hah. I did put the final piece in an oval frame to emphasize his egg-like body, however.

A little Dr. Robotnik trivia, his design was based on Theodore Roosevelt.

Here is the website for the show where you can check out all the other art, and here's the invite:



My buddy Chris Beaumont, founder of Cubeecraft.com, is in charge of the show, so thanks to him for the invite and for putting on what I'm sure will be an awesome show!





1 comment:

Friend of Sonic said...

Hi,

Sorry for the comment on the old article, but do you sell prints of this anywhere? I heard the original was for sale at the show, but I somehow doubt it wasn't purchase (but if it wasn't...)