Thursday, November 3, 2011

Please Post Bills


This is my piece for Gallery 1988's Please Post Bills art show, a tribute to Bill Murray.  I was initially at a bit of a loss for what to draw because there is an unusually large amount of great Bill Murray artwork out there already, and I knew more awesome work would be created for this show. It was finally my girlfriend who suggested the idea of Bill's characters from Caddy Shack and Fantastic Mr. Fox interacting with each other. I'm not really a huge Caddy Shack fan, and there are so many other Bill Murray movies that I absolutely love, but I thought this was a really clever idea so I went with it.

I also decided to add a bunch of little references to his other movies. In total there are twelve "hidden" references to twelve separate films (including the two already mentioned.) Can you identify them all?


 The show opens tonight, here's the official info:




No comments: