Thursday, August 25, 2011

8 Bit Champions Poster



I'm very excited for the 8 Bit Champions show so I could not have been happier when I was asked to create the poster for it. I only had a vague idea of what I wanted to do with this poster, so there was a lot of playing around to figure out what looked best.

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and a big part of that is because it's so design-heavy as opposed to just straight illustration which is what I usually do. It's good to know that I can still bust out some graphic design skills when I need to.

For some weird reason I enjoy the visual problem solving of figuring out how a three dimensional object will look when drawn in 2D, (something I first realized when I took some drafting classes in high school,) so I had a lot of fun planning out exactly how all the different planes and angles of this imaginary pixel-shape-thing would fit together. It took a while but was satisfying knowing I completed it by hand.



4 comments:

Strange Kid said...

This is such a great piece, Glen. I didn't even recognize it as your work at first because it was so design-oriented. The "cubed heroes" really sums up the shows theme quite well.

Mukpuddy said...

Awesome dude!

Dan H said...

Great piece - and after finding out it was hand-drawn, and not a 3D render, it's even more bad-ass. Nice job, mang.

มโน เอาเอง said...

Learn a new way to gamble.
tigerufabet.net