Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Are Your Friends Aliens?



Another illustration I did for Front Magazine, this one featuring aliens in human form. This was a pretty breezy assignment, nothing too unusual, just a lot of referencing photos from movies and TV shows. I believe the note I was given on the background was to make it reminiscent of a Mars Attacks trading card.



I struggle sometimes with drawing people in normal standing poses, I think because my natural tendency is to want to draw strange or cartoony poses. For that reason there are some things here I feel like I would go back and change if I could, but it doesn't bug me too much since this wasn't one of the larger articles.

Oh, I also remember that at first I drew a random building next to Big Ben, then realized that since this is for a UK based magazine I should probably actually get the surrounding skyline correct. What looked fine to me would probably stick out like a sore thumb to people who actually live there, so I found a reference photo from the angle I needed.


No comments: