Wednesday, July 28, 2010

When you Wish Upon a Star



I have had this one done for quite a while, and now is the time to reveal it!

This is the art for the wedding invitations of my friends Dave and Carrie, who are getting married in just a little over a week. As you may have guessed, they are having a Disney themed wedding, and with good cause. Out of all my friends, Dave is probably the guy who I share the most in common with. We both have a passion for the history of animation, Nintendo, ad mascots, and 80s and 90s pop culture in general. (Not to mention we have far more toys and collectibles than any adults probably should.) Anybody can be nostalgic, but we study this stuff like historians, and Disney is just one of Dave's many areas of expertise. Dave and Carrie have been great friends to me for a long time, and some of the best supporters I could hope for as I try to make something of myself with these goofy drawings I do.

Not too long ago the two of them were talking about getting rid of some of their Sega Genesis games, because when they began to move in together they noticed that they both had some of the same ones. This, I told Dave, is how you know you're marrying the right person.


No comments: