Friday, January 24, 2014

Front Magazine Issue 190


I recently got in my copy of Front 190, of which I illustrated the cover and also did some artwork for an article inside.


Not the easiest thing to photograph, but I worked with the folks at Front to set up the file so that it could be printed with metallic gold ink in certain areas.



My artwork inside the magazine is for a piece called Fads of the Future. They wanted the art to be in that sort of happy 1950s cartoon style to contrast with the darker humor of the piece. Working in retro styles is something I love, so doing these went very smoothy. As usual they provided me with all the copy and specifics of how they wanted the illustrations to look, and I took it from there.

What's funny is that as I was working on this I was thinking about how cool it would be to illustrate one of their covers, and lo and behold an email asking me to do just that hit my inbox!


Once the cover shoot with the model was done and they provided me the photo they wanted to use, I started doing some very rough sketches of the carousel unicorn they wanted her to ride, and we then went back and forth and adjusted from there.

The model's name is Lass, and you can check out her Facebook page here! Don't blame me if your productivity for the day comes to a screeching halt, though.


I think it's very cool that I can actually provide the blank of what the cover looked like before all the other elements were added in.


And if you look closely...



5 comments:

มโน เอาเอง said...

Learn a new way to gamble.
proufabet.net

เว็บสล็อตแตกง่าย 2023 ล่าสุด said...

Follow more news information at
skillmyufabet

มโน เอาเอง said...

Learn a new way to gamble.
superufabet.net

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts.บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

Anonymous said...

nice bLog! its interesting. thank you for sharing....สล็อตเว็บใหญ่