Friday, June 15, 2012

Dr. Sketchy Drawings


These are some of my favorite sketches I've done from the last several Dr. Sketchy sessions. If you don't know, Dr. Sketchy's is a social event that combines burlesque and figure drawing, with branches located in cities all across the US and in other countries. Apologies if I've posted any of these before, it's been a while since I really looked through all these sketchbooks!










The contest associated with this drawing was to incorporate a Norman Rockwell theme somehow.



I believe this contest was based on pinups and including the concept of a "year" in honor of leap year, so I drew the models in a pinup calender.


I don't remember this contest aside from the fact that including Weekend at Bernie's was thrown in as an acceptable qualification as a last minute joke.


The bottom drawing here was when we were asked to draw the models wearing as many clothes as possible.






No comments: